The Towers, High Street, Penrith
circa 1930s
Archives
Find it!
Dr Alexander Barber and his wife Sarah purchased Hornseywood and by 1892 had turned the existing building into an Irish castle. He called it Tullaghmurry but locals referred to it as The Towers. In the 1930s the Lamrock family lived at The Towers and it was Mrs Lilla Catchpole who sold the property to the Department of Education in 1938. The Towers was demolished in the early 1940s to make way for the new Penrith High School. The people in the photograph may be members of the Catchlove family.
Title:
The Towers, High Street, Penrith
Collector:
Custodian:
Date of work:
circa 1930s
Search dates:
01 Jan 1930 - 31 Dec 1939
Reference number:
AS213
Level of description:
Item from Collection: Photographs
Part of:
Access restrictions:
RestrictedAvailable on request in the Research Room
Use restrictions:
Copyright held by Penrith City LibraryReproductions of the photographs may be obtained on request. Charges apply.
Topics:
Record types:
Graphic records - Photographs
Language:
English
Record number:
231053